PhD Be Your Best Journey – Travel Kit 1: Be Yourself
A journey to self-awareness, resilience & compassion
Doing a PhD can be challenging as it often requires hard and independent work with rare moments of gratification. We developed the ‘Be Yourself’ travel kit to help you build awareness, resilience, and compassion to face the challenges of self-doubt and self-neglect during your PhD journey. This travel kit contains (scientific) theories and practical tools to recognize unhelpful patterns, practice mindfulness, and to stay true to yourself.
The course runs 2 times a year (face2face) and consists of 3 half-day sessions, 3 intervision group meetings, and home practices. Attendance at all sessions is compulsory. The final assignment is a self-reflection journal based on the home practices and intervision groups.
Application: send an email to email@example.com
Edition 1: March (AMC)
- Session 1 Ego: 1 March 13:00-16:30
- Intervision: 15 March 10:00-12:00
- Session 2 Mindfulness: 15 March 13:00-16:30
- Intervision: 29 March 10:00-12:00
- Session 3 True to yourself: 29 March 13:00-16:30
- Intervision: 12 April 10:00-12:00
Edition 2: October (VUmc)
- Session 1 Ego: 4 October 13:00-16:30
- Intervision: 18 October 10:00-12:00
- Session 2 Mindfulness: 18 October 13:00-16:30
- Intervision: 1 November 10:00-12:00
- Session 3 True to yourself: 1 November 13:00-16:30
- Intervision: 15 November 10:00-12:00
Amsterdam UMC PhD candidates who would like to cultivate awareness, resilience, and compassion during their PhD (and life).
22.5 hours (3 half day sessions = 10.5 hours; 3 intervision group meetings = 6 hours; home practices = 6 hours), which is comparable to 0.8 ECTS.
- The Ego – recognizing unhelpful patterns
- Imposter Syndrome – taking off the mask
- (Self) coaching – a tool to become aware of underlying convictions and fears
- Resilience – adapting to change
- Mindfulness – (scientific) theory and practices to experience reality
- Emotions and (self-)compassion – how to feel and care
- Connection – how to improve relationships
- Yoga – practice to feel good
- Work-life balance – meaning, joy, and satisfaction
- Happiness – myths and truth
- True self – being free
Number of participants
A participation certificate is issued after full attendance and submission of the self-reflection journal.
Dr. Mandy X. Hu